Tuesday 27 November 2012

How to set up a proxy server from the US to the UK?

I am in the US at the moment trying to do some work, but I am being hampered by the fact that a UK forum I want to access is saying "location unauthorised". If I logmein to my UK machine and access it, it is fine, but this is a little frustrating. Is there a simple way I can set up so that my US machine uses my UK machine to provide its webcontent so that I can avoid this problem? Many thanks.

What is a VPN?


VPN is (Virtual Private Network) were first used by companies to enable their employees to securely access internal systems such as email remotely (e.g. from home or while on business trips). Today they are increasingly being used for personal use by individuals to protect their privacy while online in public places (e.g. when using the wi-fi connection in a cafe) or in a country where the internet is censored / blocked (e.g. China, Saudi Arabia��).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.